Tuesday, March 11, 2008

are you on overload?





When you look at your datebook for the week, do you feel like this?

This truck was seriously overloaded. The picture isn't as sharp as it might have been, had I fit a car wash into my schedule. I snapped it through the front window as I sat at a stop sign.

Seriously, it doesn't take much to overload me. I feel overwhelmed by too much structure, too many notations of places to be at certain times, while I try to fit my patient visits into their schedules, and the schedules of nurses and CNA's.

Today was a wonderful exception. I slalomed through the scheduled visits posted on my computer at work, making it to my first patient in Dayton shortly before the CNA arrived to give her a bath. Made it to my second patient just as her CNA left, and reached my third front door fifteen miles farther up the road, at the end of her CNA's shift.

Great visits, a beautiful day for driving, all in all a big Woohoo!

1 comment:

Dianna Woolley said...

I love this photo - so descriptive of the extra logs we think we can carry!

The Winding Mind